Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
NextFab2 Preview Party
Thursday, April 19, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (EDT)
NextFab 2 Preview Party
Food, Drinks, Music, Art and Technology
All ages and interests welcome
The artists, designers, and engineers of NextFab Studio are excited to announce an expansive new flagship facility - NextFab 2- slated to open this summer at 2025 Washington Avenue, in the Southwest Center City / Graduate Hospital neighborhood of Philadelphia.
Thursday, April 19, 2012 from 6pm to 9pm will be your opportunity to get a sneak preview of the future home of Philadelphia’s premiere facility for artistic and technological innovation. Enjoy complimentary food and drinks (including open bar) from great local restaurants (see sponsors below), music and video entertainment, while exploring exhibits and demonstrations of works of art and technology by members of the NextFab community. During the event, you'll tour the building, meet NextFab founders and staff, and network with the diverse and energetic community of artists, inventors, entrepreneurs, businesses, and non-profits that NextFab is proud to partner with and serve.
ONLY AT THE EVENT:
Raffle for valuable prizes donated by NextFab and its partner organizations. All proceeds to be used for NextFab's charitable Community Projects!
Join NextFab during the event, become a NextFab Founding Member, and apply your event ticket cost toward your membership!
Auction for first of NextFab 2's coveted 24/7 Private Studio spaces!
General & Member Admission includes:
Party and networking * Free food and drinks * Open bar (21+) * Art & Technology exhibits Audio/Video entertainment * Building Tour * NextFab Keychain
Corporate Sponsorship includes:
Two general admission tickets - Logo* in all event promotional materials - Logo* in display at event Acknowlegement announcement at event
* Contact email@example.com logo submission and to discuss other sponsorship opportunities
The ticket purchase at the door will have $5 additional fee. ( $30 General Admission, $20 NextFab Member Admission, $155 Corporate Sponsorship)
More about NextFab2: The location, formerly a custom ironwork shop run by old-world craftsmen, will be reconfigured by Philadelphia architecture and design firm inHabit into an engine of tomorrow's creative economy - 21,000 sf of cutting edge equipment and facilities with expert staffing, numerous classes and workshops, and accessible design, engineering and custom fabrication services. Expanding in almost every way on the original NextFab Studio at 3711 Market Street in the University City Science Center, NextFab2 will also provide:
- Private studios with 24/7 facility access for round-the-clock innovation
- 14' ceilings, numerous workbenches, private storage, open spaces that invite ambitious projects
- 5'x10' 5-axis CNC water-jet cutter, large 3-axis CNC machining center, 5'x10' CNC router
- New, cutting edge 3D printers
- Drive-in loading/unloading, a forklift and a crane for massive works
- Dedicated painting and finishing rooms
- A chemistry and micro-fabrication lab
- A vehicle lift and facilities for car and motorcycle customization and electric-fuel conversion
- Dedicated classroom spaces for larger and more numerous classes and in-depth workshops
- A large and fully equipped photo/video studio
- Exhibits and sales of products and art produced by community members
- A cafe at street level with light fare and fine espresso, coffee and tea
NextFab members will have access to the facility from 10 a.m.–10 p.m., 7 days per week (24/7 for private studio renters). Consulting and fabrication services will be available during regular business hours. The cafe will be open to the public from 7 a.m.–7 p.m. (hours subject to change).
NextFabStudio/3711 Market St/ Philadelphia, PA 19104/215.921.3649
When & Where
Philadelphia's premiere public-access high-tech workshop and prototyping service center.